Monday, May 2, 2011

Laundry Room Part One!


In my last post I showed you my new washer and dryer…they really inspired me to re-do my dungeon like laundry room. I had no intention of getting myself into a full fledged makeover, until we bought the new washer and dryer….but now I’m SO glad I did!
This is the laundry room before I started working on it….
DSCN4818
Like I said in my last post…the only thing in this picture that’s in my laundry room now is the little white trash can, everything else is GONE! (oh and the wire baskets…those were too cute to get rid of!)
I love my new washer and dryer…
DSCN5018
but I couldn’t exactly design a room from them, so I started looking for design inspiration.   I found some amazing pictures on the web and started getting an idea of where I wanted to go with this room. 
Here are some of the photos I used for inspiration……






BUT the BIGGEST inspiration for my room was these….


Ok, do you notice a theme running in these pictures?? 

They are all a pale aqua! For all my long time readers, you will absolutely be amazed that I didn’t put any pink in this room!!
I know!!…“gasp”!

You guys are probably saying, “who are you and what have you done with Missy”?!  (of course, that could change….maybe some accent color in pink?? hmm…) lol

I just fell head over heels in love with this aqua color when I found all the pictures on the web and a bunch of the ball jars at my local peddlers mall.  If you’d like to see some more of the photos I used for inspiration, you can follow my boards on Pinterest….go HERE to see.
Ok…here’s the paint color I chose to use on the walls…are you ready?….
It’s called Tropical Mist, but it’s really a pale aqua…
DSCN5271

I had it mixed at Lowes using their Valspar paint, interior eggshell finish. Please tell me I’m not the only one whose paint can looks like this after I paint…… :)
DSCN5045


Here’s the wall with one very thin coat…I promise it looks SO much deeper and more beautiful after about three coats!


DSCN4975


This room is so stinkin’ hard to take pictures in…there’s no windows and very little light…but I’m taking care of that eventually, so bear with me and my dark photos..it does get better!

See, here’s the wall with another coat…it gets prettier with each one! (and it still doesn’t have all the coats on it yet!)
DSCN4979
Stay tuned to my next post and you’ll find out what I’m doing with that piece of wood up on the wall!  Any guesses?
See ya soon!
Hugs
Missy

13 comments:

stefanie said...

I love it!!!!

Olivia said...

Oh this is going to be darling! I have a pink laundry room lol!
Hugs,
Olivia

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Your laundry room is going to be so pretty - love your paint color, awaiting more.
- Joy

Chris said...

Ooh, it's coming along beautifully! I love the color, and I can't wait to see the final transformation! Lucky girl!

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

love the color! and of course I KNOW what you're doing! It's going to be awesome when you're done!
gail

Victoria said...

Oh how gorgeous it must look, can't wait to see it all! Can I come over and do my laundry? I'd even take a dungeon over having to use our community laundry room...the perils of apartment living!

Susan said...

Oh I love the colors you chose Missy! I can't wait to see the whole room!

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

I love the color! It looks to me like you are getting ready to do some kind of wainscotting or maybe some beadboard? I know it is going to look fantastic!~Hugs, Patti

Kelly said...

I would have NEVER guessed blue!


Kelly

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

OH I am loving it already...I'm headed to Pinterest to pin some of those inspiration photos!

Fairfield House said...

Missy,

The color is similar to the one I used in my master bath reno! I love it. Judging from your inspiration photos, I'd say you are installing board and batten or bead board. Looking forward to reading and seeing more of your progress!

Your Friend,
Deborah

GardenOfDaisies said...

I love pale aqua.. can't wait to see your finished room!

whimages said...

OHHH it's going to be GORGEOUS! LOVE love love that color!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...