Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Yard Sale Find & Treasures & Trinkets Linky!

It's that time of the week again...
time for Treasures and Trinkets Linky party!
Link up something you love,
link it back to me, and you can even grab my button
if you so desire!
(it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside when
I see my button on your blog!)



I wanted to show you what I picked up at a yard sale recently.
It's this great old, glass cake dome...




Isn't she lovely?!
I got her for $2.00!!
:0)
(and yes, I did a little happy dance when she said how much!)

I was really excited to find it because
my mom had bought me this cake pedestal a while back at TJ Maxx....


See the pierced work along the bottom edge...
oh swoon!


I just love the little metal piece in the middle
that says "cake", just so cute!
I wasn't sure if the dome would fit,
but for 2 bucks how can you lose!

And guess what....


It fit perfectly!
:)

I just love it when things work out!

What have you found at yard sales this year that you just love
or that you've been looking for?

HUGS!
Missy




15 comments:

A Southern Rose said...

Beautiful! I love it. You lucky girl.

Hugs,
Lee Laurie

Pam said...

Great find at a fantastic price.

Caroline @ The Feminist Housewife said...

What a great find! Good work...

and I LOVE cake...haha!

Diann @ the Thrfity Groove said...

Hi Missy!

Oh, that was a FANTASTIC find on the cake dome! It is beautiful and perfect with your new cake stand! I just went to a junk store here by our camproud and they had a cake stand and dome and wanted $10.00 for it. I don't think so!

I hope you are having a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

Meant to be! A perfect match.

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Wow, that did work out, i would have bought it and have it be to big and fall over the plate, you have a good eye. I am sure the lady selling it was doing the happy dance too, she was probably thinking, who wants a cake top with out a cake plate! Little did she know!

Carol

Unknown said...

It does look great! I have a stand from TJ Maxx too. I've got 6 or 7 cheese dome tops, but non for a cake. Maybe a mini cake. :-)

~ The Speckled Dog

Robyn said...

Missy I LOVE that cake stand, how sweet of your mom! That dome is FABULOUS! Just yesterday, I was at my friend Stephanie's and she had a similar one on a clear cake plate. I told her that I loved it so much and to watch me closely incase I were to put it under my shirt as I was leaving!

TinaTx said...

Great find! I've been looking for one of those but haven't found it yet. I will - eventually. I have a cake stand my grandmother gave me a long time ago and I broke the top part. It isn't at all expensive, but I cried when I broke it. (after I cursed a bit)
Love, love your cake stand!

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

I just love it when you find something you've been searching for...and it works!

Donna@Conghaile Cottage said...

I'm a bit of a "Clochaholic" so I LOVE this. and that is the Most Darling Cake pedestal EVER!!!
Do you know Marty @ A Stroll Thru Life??? I LOVE her to PIECES!!! She was my very first FOLLOWER! WELL, she's having a "CLOCHE Party" if you want to share this "Beautiful Post" with the WORLD over there @
http://astrollthrulife.blogspot.com/2010/09/cloches-and-fall-decorating.html
Hugs to you,
Donna

FairfieldHouse said...

Missy,

I love that cake plate -- oozing with detail! I've never seen one like it. The dome was a great find at $2!

Your Friend,
Deborah

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh what a fabulous find. It is so pretty and it will make such a wonderful cloche too. Your cake plate is stunning. I just know you are going to have more fun using it not only for fablous cakes but for decorating too. Thanks so much for linking to the party. Hugs, Marty

Brittany Lewis said...

$2??!!! WoW, its gorgeous! I think I may link up! Check out my blog if you geta chance :)

Anita@Theycallmejammi said...

They make a great pair.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...