Monday, July 5, 2010

My old cabinets are going to be.................




Yep, it's finally time to show you where my old cabinets are going and what they are becoming!!!
If you've missed the past posts on what they looked like when I started, go herehere, here, and here!
Here they are in all their unfinished glory! LOL



Right side of my son's bed




 
Left side of my son's bed


I took those old upper kitchen cabinets and  built tops and made built-ins out of them for my son's room!




Here is a drawing of  my first plan for the built-ins
 (honestly I CAN draw better than this...I did this while standing in the middle of Lowes with nothing to support my paper!) lol



I have changed my plan slightly from the drawing, as I still have more stuff I'll be adding, so stay tuned! ....
for now it's time to do some more painting and sprucing up on them!
Stay tuned to see what I'm going to do to the backs!
Be patient, they're not finished yet, but they're gonna be
SO CUTE!

Blessings & Hugs
Missy

I'm linking up to
Met Mondays @ BNOTP
Modern Craftswoman @ Tools are for women too

13 comments:

Katie Olthoff said...

That is a great idea! They look fabulous!

Brenda ~ The Heminger Farmhouse said...

This is FANTASTIC!! What a clever girl you are :)

Rory from Tools Are For Women Too! said...

Wow! What a great project to take on! You are one talented lady! Thanks for showing us on Modern Craftswoman Monday! Rory

Amanda @ Healthy House on the Block said...

Oooh, they are looking good! I love that idea -- reusing them for built-ins. You are doing an amazing job - can't wait to see the finish!

afistfullofweeds* said...

I think my guess was right....wasn't it??? Close enough!! Where's my prize?? LOL

morninglorycottage said...

Wow Missy! What a great job. You are talented. I am not good with wood. Just a slight fear of power tools. Can't wait to see it finished. Have a great week.

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

Missy...I would never have guessed that you were going to create something like that! I knew it was going to be good but that is really good! Your son must love them! You are just toooooo creative! Hope you are keeping cool and your weekend was a good one!~Hugs, Patti

In The Potter's Hand said...

They look great Missy. The girls were telling me how good his room was looking.

aimee said...

that is a fantastic and creative idea!looks great.
blessings,
aimee

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Wow, it looks great! Taking green to all new extremes!

Carol

Jacalyn @ rmebathproducts.com said...

Wow what a beautiful creation! Have a great week!

Hugs,
Jacalyn

Marilyn said...

You are amazing!! I'm inspired to get cleaning in the garage and see what tools I can learn to use. My husband always called me "Hector" the collector (Shel Silverstein)but I am thinking he had the same affliction. He would always do things for me, but now I must take care of it myself. Thanks for sharing! ♥♫

Barbara said...

I love it! Looks great...can't wait to see the finished product. Love all of your neat ideas!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...