Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Treasures & Trinkets Thursday Time!!! Yippee~ YOU'RE INVITED FOR TEA!

1. Link up something you love (and own)
2. Link it back to my post
3. grab my button

That's it....too easy! I'm trying a new Linky tool this week, tell me what ya think! :)


COME TO MY HOUSE FOR TEA... :-)

I wanted to share my silver tea service with you and tell you the history of some of my items.

My mom gave me the actual tea set and tray....isn't it lovely?
See the sugar bowl full of dried roses?? Those are the roses my hubby bought me for our 25th wedding anniversary....so special! (and YES, I am a lucky girl!)




See this tea cup? My hubby bought this for me from here.......




......The Biltmore Estate in Ashville, NC....we took our last vacation there. I took this picture as we were driving away at the end of a very lovely day. If you've never been there, you should go, it's amazing! I'll have to do a blog about our trip there sometime, I got some great garden shots! This place was built for two people....a baby came along later, but seriously....two people!




This little sugar scuttle, that's holding candy, came from a place right here in my town.



This is it....it's called Ward Hall. It's open to the public on occasion (for a fee, of course) and we went at Christmas time. They have things you can purchase and silent auctions...very fun. This is an amazing Antebellum home built in 1856, and the detail in architecture is amazing!! I bought the little server when we visited there. It's really nice to go during the Christmas season, they serve hot cider and finger foods as you tour the grand old home.




I borrowed this pic from the Ward Hall website. I couldn't find the photographers name, but wanted to give them credit for the pic. :)

Hope you enjoyed going down memory lane with me as we took a tour of my tea set treasures!

Have a blessed day!


MELISSA










10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Melissa,

Everything is so beautiful! I love your tea cup from the Biltmore Estate. Thomas and I plan on going there. You must tell us about your time there! Your 'nut/mint server' is actually a sugar scuttle. Ward Hall looks like another amazing place to visit. Thank you for sharing!

Deborah

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

Melissa....Very pretty tea service! One day I would love to go to see the Biltmore Castle. We almost decided to do that a month ago on our way back from Fl but didn't have enough time. We are still working on the island..waiting for coats to dry before moving on! Have a good evening!~Patti

My Cottage Charm said...

thanks Deborah for letting me know what it was called...I changed it accordingly. :)

My Cottage Charm said...

no link-ups yet...guess it's a slow week! LOL :)

Lemon Lane Studio said...

Hi Mellisa,
I know I'm dragging this week...too much to do and too little time. I love, love your teacup and your cabinet redo from the last post. Your transformations just amaze me.

Robyn said...

Your service is LOVELY and obviously you have a special husband! LOVE that scuttle...it's gorgeous! I've never been to biltmore but would love to go!

Fawnda@Fireflies and Jellybeans said...

Very beautiful tea set... I love the sugar/candy holder! Very cool! : )

afistfullofweeds* said...

I love all of your silver vignette stuffes!! I tell ya, these new linky thingies are confusing me, guess its just because I have an old brain, as my 11 year old tells me! Rhonda

Unknown said...

I live about an hour away from Asheville. I have live here almost my whole life and only just went to Biltmore for the first time in Dec. Can you believe that??? It's gorgeous @ Christmastime!

Decor To Adore said...

Oh I adore the Biltmore. I have been there many times in various seasons. Mr. Decor has been in Asheville for the past 10 days taking care of his mother who is very ill. Please know that your prayers indeed are helping to carry me through.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...